Emergency Response Procedures
SCDOT personnel respond to numerous emergency situations like these per year:
- Localized events like providing traffic control for securing a perimeter for safety purposes, i.e. hazardous chemical leak, fires (Graniteville Train Crash or Great Falls Mill Fire)
- Regional events such as working to protect/repair roadways during and after flooding events that affect a number of counties
- Statewide events such as hurricane evacuation or snow and ice weather events
If you need to report an emergency situation:
During normal work hours of 8:30 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday, contact the SCDOT Customer Service Center at 1-855-GO-SCDOT (1-855-467-2368) or the telephone number for the local office in your county may be found on our Engineering Directory Page.
During after hours or holidays, contact your local law enforcement office and report the emergency. The local law enforcement will make contact with SCDOT to address the issue.
Assisting motorists whose vehicles are experiencing mechanical problems and providing support and assistance to emergency response teams during incidents.
For SHEP assistance call *HP (*47)
Complete a short survey regarding the assistance you received from the SCDOT SHEP responder.
Select the SCDOT SHEP patrol zone below to view detailed maps and information:Charleston Columbia Florence Myrtle Beach Rock Hill Upstate I-85
Coastal Evacuation Routes
State Maps, Directions, & Reversals
- Central Black & White
- Northern Black & White
- Southern Black & White
- Detailed Written Directions
- Traffic Control Plans for Coastal Evacuation Routes
- New and Improved I-26 Reversal
- I-26 Reversal Video on YouTube
Neighboring State Evacuation Routes