In order to provide access to the adjacent proposed Carolina Panther development and surrounding area, the South Carolina Department of Transportation (SCDOT) is constructing a new full access interstate interchange on I-77 near mile marker 81 in York County. This new interchange is approximately 1 mile south of US 21 Bypass/Cherry Rd (Exit 82) and 1.5 miles north of SC 122/Dave Lyle Blvd (Exit 79).
The proposed interchange will provide access from I-77 to a new location boulevard named One Carolina Drive that will provide a connection to Mt. Gallant Road to the west, Paragon Way / Cel River Road to the east, and Eden Terrace to the North.
Project LocationProject Viewer
- January 2021 – Design-Build Contract Awarded
- Fall 2021 – Final Design Completed
- Fall 2021 – Begin Construction
- Spring/Summer 2023 – Substantial Project Completion
- Jared Bragg, PE
- SCDOT Resident Construction Engineer
- Lead Contractor: United Infrastructure Group / Blythe Development Joint Venture
- Lead Designer: KCI Technologies