Standard Drawings Frequently Asked Questions
Please contact D8DesignStandards@scdot.org for questions or feedback regarding the Standard Drawings.
Standard Drawings Disclaimer
You must read and accept the disclaimer below before you can access the drawings.
Standard drawings included on this site are in English Units and have been approved by the South Carolina Department of Transportation and are effective as of dates shown in the table of contents and on each drawing.
These drawings depict standard design features commonly used and any variations shall be shown by special details in the plans or by reference in the general notes or special provisions.
The standard drawings constitute contract documents in accordance with Section 101 of the standard specifications for highway construction.
Revisions or additions to these drawings shall be issued periodically and it shall be the responsibility of the receiver of these files to keep them current with any updates.
The South Carolina Department of Transportation (hereinafter referred to as SCDOT) is committed to providing electronic access to the Standard Drawings. By agreeing , the Receiver accepts the following terms and conditions:
- SCDOT makes no warranty of any kind, express or implied, with respect to the file(s) which are the subject of this agreement, and specifically makes no warranty that said file(s) shall be marketable or fit for any particular purpose. SCDOT believes that the information contained herein is reliable and generally accurate for the purpose intended. Furthermore, any description of said file(s) shall not be deemed to create an express warranty that such files shall conform to said description.
- Receiver assumes all risk and liability for any losses, damages, claims or expenses resulting from the use or possession of any file(s) furnished by SCDOT pursuant to this agreement.
- Receiver agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless SCDOT, its officers, agents, and employees from and against any and all claims, suits, losses, damages or costs, including reasonable attorney's fees, arising from or by reason of receivers; use or possession with respect to any of the file(s) furnished by SCDOT pursuant to this agreement, and such indemnification shall survive acceptance of said file(s) by receiver.
- Receiver agrees that SCDOT cannot provide the files in other file formats and agrees to accept the files in the format provided. SCDOT also recommends that the files be used in the format provided. Electronic Standard Drawings are available only in Adobe .pdf format to be printed double sided on 11x17 paper. SCDOT makes no performance guarantees, express or implied warranties and assumes no obligation or liability for the reliability or accuracy of the information contained herein.
- Since revisions or additions to the design file standards may occur at any time, the Receiver agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless SCDOT, its officers, agents, and employees from and against any and all claims, suits, losses, damages or costs, including reasonable attorney's fees, arising from the use of outdated design file standards, and such indemnification shall survive acceptance of said file(s) by receiver.
- The Standard Drawings effective at the time of letting shall govern on projects and may be used to determine errors and omissions in bid documents. Standard Drawings currently in effect at the beginning of construction for the item may also be used if agreed upon between the Resident Engineer and the Contractor.
- The SCDOT Standard Drawings are copyrighted by the South Carolina Department of Transportation and may not be resold. SCDOT assumes no liability for hardware or software damage that may result from the use of the electronic files provided due to unknown viruses that may reside on the electronic media when transferred to the end user.
- These terms and conditions constitute the complete and final agreement of the parties hereto.
- Receiver accepts the aforementioned terms and conditions.