Bridge design memos included on this site have been approved by the South Carolina Department of Transportation and are effective as of dates shown on the memos.
These design memos depict design policies and guidelines that apply exclusively to bridge designers and consultants of the South Carolina Department of Transportation.
Bridge design memos will be issued periodically and it shall be the responsibility of the receiver of these files to keep them current with any updates.
The South Carolina Department of Transportation (hereinafter referred to as SCDOT) is committed to providing electronic access to the Bridge Design Memos. We make every reasonable effort to do so in a cross-platform and complex multi-protocol environment. SCDOT does not possess a staff that is available to provide technical support to outside parties who avail themselves of Design Memo files that are posted. It is important, therefore, that all potential users of these files read the following disclaimer and accept its terms as a prerequisite to the use of the files. If the Receiver proceeds, the Receiver agrees to the following terms and conditions:
- SCDOT makes no warranty of any kind, express or implied, with respect to the file(s) which are the subject of this agreement, and specifically makes no warranty that said file(s) shall be marketable or fit for any particular purpose. SCDOT believes that the information contained herein is reliable and generally accurate for the purpose intended. Furthermore, any description of said file(s) shall not be deemed to create an express warranty that such files shall conform to said description.
- Receiver assumes all risk and liability for any losses, damages, claims or expenses resulting from the use or possession of any file(s) furnished by SCDOT pursuant to this agreement.
- Receiver agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless SCDOT, its officers, agents, and employees from and against any and all claims, suits, losses, damages or costs, including reasonable attorneys fees, arising from or by reason of receivers; use or possession with respect to any of the file(s) furnished by SCDOT pursuant to this agreement, and such indemnification shall survive acceptance of said file(s) by receiver.
- Since new design memos may be posted at any time, the Receiver agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless SCDOT, its officers, agents, and employees from and against any and all claims, suits, losses, damages or costs, including reasonable attorneys fees, arising from the use of outdated design memos, and such indemnification shall survive acceptance of said file(s) by receiver.
- The design memos are copyrighted by the South Carolina Department of Transportation and may not be sold.