The following describes SCDOT's requirements for annual submissions by A/E Consultants. All consultants and subconsultants with active contracts or proposing to provide engineering and design related services (as defined in 23 U.S.C. §112(b)(2)(A), 23 CFR §172.3, 40 U.S.C. §1102 and state laws and regulations) for Federal-aid projects to SCDOT and its sub-recipients must submit the following information for review by the SCDOT Office of Contract Assurance:
- SCDOT PPP Guidance for A-E Firms New!
- SCDOT - Consultant PPP Loan Forgiveness Certification New!
- FHWA Memo-HCFB-30 Treatment of PPP Funds for AE Consultants 03/23/2021 - New!
- A complete AASHTO Internal Control Questionnaire for Consulting Engineers .
Supporting documents requested throughout must be submitted to be considered complete.
- Annual Indirect Cost Certification
- Audited, Reviewed, Compiled, or Internally-Prepared Financial Statements.
- Audited or Internally-Prepared FAR compliant Schedule of Indirect Costs (Firms receiving $250,000 or greater on SCDOT Contracts for the previous calendar year must provide a Schedule of Indirect Costs that has been audited by an independent CPA, a federal agency, or another State DOT).
- Copies of cognizant or acceptance letters from other State DOTs and/or provisional billing rates approved by the DCAA.
- Schedule of Employees, Pay Rates, and Job Classification for the current year or established fee schedule if applicable.
- Executive Compensation Analysis.
Required information should be submitted as soon as it is available, but no later than 180 days after the end of the firm's fiscal year:
Upload documents electronically: Document Submission Form.
Using this option sends the files to a secure location accessible only to the Office of Contract Assurance by password.
- Or mail to:
- SC Department of Transportation
- Office of Contract Assurance, Room 108
- P.O. Box 191
- Columbia, SC 29202-0191
Firms with Certified or Exempt Indirect Cost Rates:
The firms listed in the report below are in compliance with SCDOT Procurement Policy Memorandum issued February 2, 2011, concerning indirect cost rates. This list will be updated regularly. Firms are not added to the list until their certified overhead is approved or an exemption is granted by the SCDOT Contract Assurance Office. This process can take several weeks.
Firms with Certified or Exempt Indirect Cost Rates 10/18/2021 - New!
SCDOT Procurement Policy Memorandum
AASHTO Uniform Audit and Accounting Guide (External )
The link to the AASHTO audit website is to download/purchase the 2016 Uniform Audit & Accounting Guide. It is free to download for members; however it is $13.00 for non-members.
AASHTO Internal Control Questionnaire (ICQ)
AASHTO CPA Work Paper Review Program
- National Compensation Matrix:
- 2020 National Compensation Matrix
(to be used with 2019 data)
Posted February 27, 2020
- Sample NCM Compliance Worksheet
- 2019 National Compensation Matrix
(to be used with 2018 data)
- 2018 National Compensation Matrix
(to be used with 2017 data)
- 2017 National Compensation Matrix
(to be used with 2016 data)
Procurement, Management, and Administration of Engineering and Design Related Services - Questions & Answers
Prompt Payment Act Interest Rates used in the calculation of Facilities Capital Cost of Money (FCCM)
FHWA Order 4470.1A dated October 27, 2010
AASHTO Internal/External Audit Subcommittee Website
23 CFR 172, Administration of Engineering and Design Related Services (Electronic Code of Federal Regulations)
Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
Federal Travel Regulations (FTR) and Related Files
Government Auditing Standards
Prompt Payment Act Interest Rates, used in the calculation of Facilities Capital Cost of Money (FCCM)
FHWA A/E Consultant Services Page