Effective 11-4-05 all drawings and details were converted to Microstation V8.
These drawings are furnished for information only. All dimensions shown are sheet specific. Use of these drawings (Including Design and Dimensions) must be checked by the users engineer to ensure design is adequate for the intended use. All drawings must be signed and sealed by a South Carolina registered professional engineer when used.
These drawings will be revised periodically and it shall be the responsibility of the receiver of these files to keep them current with any updates.
The South Carolina Department of Transportation (hereinafter referred to as SCDOT) is committed to providing electronic access to the Bridge Drawings and Details. We make every reasonable effort to do so in a cross-platform and complex multi-protocol environment. SCDOT does not possess a staff that is available to provide technical support to outside parties who avail themselves of CADD files that are posted. It is important, therefore, that all potential users of these files read the following disclaimer and accept its terms as a prerequisite to the use of the files. If the Receiver proceeds, the Receiver agrees to the following terms and conditions:
- SCDOT makes no warranty of any kind, express or implied, with respect to the file(s) which are the subject of this agreement, and specifically makes no warranty that said file(s) shall be marketable or fit for any particular purpose. SCDOT believes that the information contained herein is reliable and generally accurate for the purpose intended. Furthermore, any description of said file(s) shall not be deemed to create an express warranty that such files shall conform to said description.
- Receiver assumes all risk and liability for any losses, damages, claims or expenses resulting from the use or possession of any file(s) furnished by SCDOT pursuant to this agreement.
- Receiver agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless SCDOT, its officers, agents, and employees from and against any and all claims, suits, losses, damages or costs, including reasonable attorneys fees, arising from or by reason of receivers; use or possession with respect to any of the file(s) furnished by SCDOT pursuant to this agreement, and such indemnification shall survive acceptance of said file(s) by receiver.
- Receiver agrees that SCDOT cannot provide the files in other file formats and agrees to accept the files in the format provided. SCDOT also recommends that the files be used in the format provided. All design file Drawings and Details are MicroStation drawing files (*.dgn). SCDOT makes no performance guarantees, express or implied warranties and assumes no obligation or liability for the reliability or accuracy of the information contained herein; or for the accuracy of the information translated by the Departments software for use with end users' software. Receiver agrees that SCDOT cannot be held responsible for problems arising from files, which have been converted for use in non-native applications (e.g. MicroStation design files to AutoCAD.)
- MicroStation (DGN) filenames have a companion PDF that can be viewed in Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Since revisions or additions to the design file Drawings and Details may occur at any time, the Receiver agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless SCDOT, its officers, agents, and employees from and against any and all claims, suits, losses, damages or costs, including reasonable attorneys fees, arising from the use of outdated design file Drawings and Details, and such indemnification shall survive acceptance of said file(s) by receiver.
- The design files Drawings and Details are copyrighted by the South Carolina Department of Transportation and may not be sold. SCDOT assumes no liability for hardware or software damage that may result from the use of the electronic files provided on disk, tape or by electronic transfer due to unknown viruses that may reside on the electronic media when transferred to the end user.
- These terms and conditions constitute the complete and final agreement of the parties hereto.
- Receiver accepts the aforementioned terms and conditions.